It started with a simple idea: get gear in the hands of our community, gather intel on its performance through wear-testing, make the gear better, repeat. Since then, our member wear-testing program has evolved into something much greater than we could have ever anticipated – a real community.
The program, much like the products we’re testing, is a constant work in progress. With your help, we’re looking to improve the Florence Test Pilot program with every cycle.
Bi-monthly (6x per year) is our Test Pilot cycle cadence. The gear is always different, and it can be either a prototype or an existing piece of equipment we may be looking to improve.
A question we get often is: how are Test Pilots selected? It isn’t a science, and each cycle is different, but there are some requirements and certain things we look for in potential candidates.
How to Apply
- You must be a Florence member.
- You must have applied to be part of the Test Pilot program.
THINGS WE LOOK FOR
- A passion for the outdoors and/or sport.
- Being an engaged member of our social community, or the Florence Discord.
- Members who’ve left multiple, thoughtful reviews on our gear.
- Legends who absolutely send it.
From there, our selection process is fun. We narrow down candidates, get insight and recommendations from our founder John Florence, and we select the crew.
If you’re not selected, the good news is you don’t have to apply again – you’re already in the pool and will be considered each cycle.